With the generous help of its volunteers, ISGS is poised for continued success. The positions listed below present some interesting and exciting opportunities for you!
Please consider helping ISGS achieve its mission to preserve and disseminate Illinois historical and genealogical materials, and to educate and aid those researching their ancestry.
2017 ISGS Fall Conference Committee
: This year’s committee is forming and beginning to plan the ISGS annual conference. Contact Laura Kovarik, Conference Chair, for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details on any of the positions listed below, contact Susie Pope: email@example.com
- Advertising Chair: This committee solicits ads for the ISGS Quarterly, Newsletter, and fall conference syllabus.
- Marketing & Publicity Chair: The goals of this committee are to disseminate information about ISGS, to stimulate an interest in genealogy and ISGS, and to promote membership in the society in consultation with other society committees.
- Newsletter Editor: The Editor is responsible for publishing genealogical news bimonthly, with particular emphasis given to ISGS projects, publications of Illinois records, and activities of Illinois local societies.
- Publications Chair: This committee monitors the publications inventory and advises the Board regarding reprinting, and oversees the process of publishing new items.
- Education Chair: This committee will develop genealogical education programs for members and member socities. Possibilities range from arranging workshops to developing a youth program.
- Family Bible Records Committee: Bible records are collected and preserved digitally. Information from these records is published in the ISGS Quarterly.
- Website: This committee coordinates the construction, operation, and maintenance of the Society’s website.