The Forgotten History of St. Paul's Church_LaSalle,Bureau,Lee Counties
Will do lookups by individual request from "The Forgotten History of St. Paul's Church" by Arthur L. Ladenburger. This 330 page book covers the history of German pioneers who settled on the Illinois prairie where the counties of Bureau, LaSalle, and Lee meet. St. Paul's United Evangelical Lutheran German Reformed Church Congregation of Perkins and Knox Grove, also known as The Old Brick Church and The Chicago Road Church was located northwest of Mendota, IL. The church cemetery remains at the original church site. Excerpt: "The vast majority of settlers in this area were Germans who emigrated from the late 1840's to the mid 1870's."
Note: This book compliments the two-book series "Mendota Area German Pioneer Families" also written by Mr. Ladenburger.
A name index of members listed in church meeting records is available. Family names included: Betz, Schwab, Spielmann, Kopp, Nauman, Appel, Schlesinger, Schmidt, Mathesius, Kerchner, Kromm, Pfeifer, Sauer, and many more. Please be specific in requests; send email to email@example.com.