Welcome to the Illinois State Genealogical Society Website!
The ISGS website has been created to enhance your passion for genealogy. It not only features links to ISGS projects, but also links you to other records and resources throughout Illinois including those individual genealogical home pages that have an Illinois connection!
The public is invited to explore the ISGS website and enjoy these features:
- The current issue of the ISGS Newsletter and archived copies back to 2008. If you are not an ISGS member but would like to receive the ISGS Newsletter in your email inbox, click this link – http://eepurl.com/iil3Y to sign-up on our email list.
- Listings of ISGS events and events for Illinois genealogical societies
- Free databases filled with information on Illinois ancestors
- A list of Illinois research resources
ISGS Members are encouraged to sign-in at the Members Only Section to access special members-only databases and resources.
ISGS News: Upcoming Webinars
Join us on Tuesday, April 9, at 8:00 PM Central, for a fabulous program presented by Michael John Neill. Mr. Neill has been doing genealogy for over 20 years and is well known among other researchers. He has written on genealogical research and methods since 1987 for a wide variety of genealogical publications including Ancestry, Genealogical Computing, Heritage Quest, and many others.
Using Bureau of Land Management Tract Books
This program will focus on using unindexed tract books as part of the patent application process. Organized geographically, these books can contain clues not listed in the original patent or patent application, and include the names of those who began land claims but did not complete them.
Webinar Registration Link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/547830168653781427
- Spread the Word: Forward our Webinar Flyer to your friends and colleagues, post the information to social media sites and/or your blog/website, or print out a few copies to hand out at your local society meetings. To download the Flyer, click here.
- Make a Contribution: Support the ISGS Webinar program by making a financial contribution, which will help ISGS expand its educational offerings in a virtual manner. To learn why we need your help, or to make a contribution, please visit our Webinar Fund Donation Page.
Our 2019 Webinar Schedule is now available!
Click HERE for details and Registration Links!
Please direct any questions to the ISGS Webinar Committee at
March/April 2019 ISGS Newsletter Now Available!
Our March/April newsletter is now available! Click on the newsletter above to view or download. To view and download issues of the ISGS Newsletter from 2019 thru 2008, click HERE. If you are not an ISGS member but would like to receive the ISGS Newsletter in your email inbox, click this link – http://eepurl.com/iil3Y to sign-up on our email list.