Death Certificate Lookups
ISGS has established this service to assist members and researchers who do not have easy access to the Illinois State Archives to obtain death certificate copies. Cost per certificate is $6.00 for ISGS members and $10.00 for non-members. You may send as many requests at the same time as you wish.
To obtain non-certified copies of death certificates from the 1916-1947 timeframe, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Illinois State Archives Death Certificate Index (link opens in new window)
- Search for the individual death certificate(s) you want.
- After you find the correct certificates(s), print or write down the information exactly as displayed on your screen.
- Order Online: If you would like to order online using a credit card or a PayPal account, click on this link – Death Certificate Lookup.
- Order by Mail: If you would prefer to mail your request, print out the ISGS Death Certificate Request Form and transfer the death certificate information to the form. Mail the form and your check, made payable to the Illinois State Genealogy Society, to the address shown on the form. (Note: Credit card payments are only accepted when ordering online.)