Death Certificate Lookups
Non-Certified Copies for 1916-1947 Only *
ISGS has established this service to assist members and researchers who do not have easy access to the Illinois State Archives to obtain death certificate copies. Cost per certificate is $6.00 for ISGS members and $10.00 for non-members. Please note that the fee per certificate is non-refundable, whether a death certificate is found or not.
- Search for and find the death certificate(s) you wish to obtain by going to the Illinois State Archives Death Certificate Index 1916-1950 at the following Internet address:
- Copy the extracted information, exactly as it appears, onto our Death Certificate Order Form (click to open downloadable PDF). If a field is left blank, mark NA.
Order & Payment
- Place your order online using our convenient Death Certificate Order portal
- Checkout using PayPal/Credit Card (you do not need to have a PayPal account)
- If you prefer to pay by check, select "Check with mail-in form" as your payment method
- Email the Death Certificate Order Form to: firstname.lastname@example.org (include YOUR last name in the subject line)
- Payments by check should be mailed to: ISGS - Death Certificate Order, P.O. Box 10195, Springfield, IL 62791-0195. Be sure to include the Death Certificate Order Form with your check.
- ISGS Members – please log-in to the ISGS website before placing an order so that you will receive Member Pricing.
- Not an ISGS Member? Join now to receive the discounted pricing (new memberships take approximately 24-36 hours to process – please wait until you receive a New Member "welcome email" before placing a Death Certificate order).
- Orders are filled 2 days per week in the order they are received. Completion time for the order will depend on the number of pending orders.
* (Even though some death certificates for 1948-1950 are indexed, the certificates are not available at the State Archives and cannot be ordered through ISGS.)